If you’re searching for energy efficiency tips for your Trinidad home, look no further! We’ve written this blog for folks just like you, who would like to save both energy and money at home. There are a tremendous amount of steps you can take to improve the energy efficiency of your home, here are some of our personal favorites at Forbes & Associates that can be completed fairly quickly – perhaps over the weekend – and fairly inexpensively.
- Turn off energy draining items when you are not using them such as lights, entertainment systems, and your computer and monitor.
- Install a programmable thermostat to lower your utility bills and manage your heating and cooling systems efficiently.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Air-dry your dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Plug your home electronics such as TV’s and DVD players into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use. Many do not realize that even standby mode will use several watts of power.
While many of today’s Trinidad homes are equipped with the latest technologies to ensure their energy efficiency, following theses energy efficiency tips for your Trinidad home can save you money and energy in even the newest homes – from traditional single-family homes to quaint cabins in the Redwoods.
The ultimate key to savings is by taking on a whole-house approach; by viewing your Trinidad home as an energy system with interdependent parts. For example, even a top-of-the-line, energy efficient furnace will waste a lot of energy if the ducts, walls, attic, windows and doors are not sealed property or are poorly insulated. Taking on a whole-house approach to saving energy via these tips ensures that the money you invest to save energy is wisely spent.
At Forbes & Associates, we are Humboldt County home buying and selling experts. Whether you’d like to speak with us directly about energy saving ideas, want to browse the local real estate market and the homes currently available to you, or you’d like to discuss the sale of your Trinidad home, please do not hesitate to contact our team at your convenience. Be sure to also view our website to learn more about the community and the many wonderful home options available to you. Thanks for visiting!